I’ve been spending the last few days dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s of MMORPG Tycoon 2’s Greenlight campaign, in preparation for going live.
Here’s where we stand right now:
Greenlight preparation tasks:
- A Greenlight page for MMORPG Tycoon 2 has been set up, along with a Steam account for running that page, and the various fees and authentications those require have been sorted out. (Note that the page itself is still hidden from view by the public.)
- I’ve selected eight screenshots from a large selection (which I had an artist capture for me; better to get people who know what they’re doing with color, rather than doing it myself!), and have those hooked up on the Greenlight page. These screenshots are mostly scenery and characters; I should probably take two or three more screenshots myself, showing more of the user interface. Perhaps the character editor. And the grid view should definitely be visible in one of the screenshots; it’s not in any of them, right now.
- Speaking of the trailer, it’s being scored by a musician this week; I’m hoping to have a first draft of the trailer music within a couple of days. This is the last major piece missing for the campaign. But I have a no-audio version of the trailer on the Greenlight page, as a placeholder.
- I’ve (finally!) completed the first draft of the game’s text description, also to be used on the Greenlight page. That text is now with a pair of technical writers to clean it up, and after they’ve finished with it I’ll be sending it past a marketing expert, to mess it up again. (Just kidding, Lauren! <3 )
- I should probably think of an “Announcement” to post. Having gone through several hundred Greenlight pages over the past month or so, the overwhelming majority of pages seem to have at least one announcement. Many of them, just announcing that they’re now on Greenlight. Which seems a little silly to me; maybe I won’t post that sort of announcement to my Greenlight page.
Anyhow, we’re probably just a week or two away, now, depending on how many extra tasks the marketing people give me. This has taken a lot longer than I wanted it to (I was originally planning to do Greenlight in November, last year!), but it finally looks like we’re getting really close! Only one or two little loose ends to chase down, now.
I’ll post updates as they happen!