Multipart models

So I was hoping to get animations in and working today, but as it turns out, there was a dependency that I hadn’t thought about — to have animations work nicely, I really needed support for multi-part models.  That is, a single file which can contain a whole hierarchy of renderable objects, including their relative positions, orientations, and etc.  This wasn’t too difficult to implement, except that it exposed a bug in my file parsing code.  That file parsing code desperately needs a major refactoring, but I’m not going to do that until post-MS2 (or maybe never);  I’ve patched the bug, and will keep soldiering on with the current system.

Today’s screenshot shows the very first quick test model — several meshes loaded from a single data file, and arranged in a hierarchy.  I’ve also set up the file format to easily (eventually) support VectorStorm’s future rendering path that I’ve talked about a few times in the past.

Anyhow, now that I can load several meshes into a single hierarchy, I can start working on animating them.